AFTE 2019 Photo Contest Sponsored by Forensic Pieces
The AFTE photo contest is ready for submissions! Click here for the entry form.
- Deadline for submissions: May 13, 2019
- An entry form is required for each photo submitted
- Entries are free of charge to Seminar Attendees
- Categories include Forensic and General
- Maximum of 2 entries per person per category
- Entries will be voted on by Seminar Attendees
- Winners will be chosen from each category ($50 prizes), along with an overall winner ($100 prize)
- Winners will be announced on Thursday, May 30, 2019 at the Banquet
- Digital images may be color or black/white
- Digital images should be submitted in JPEG format
- Post-processing issues – The goal of this contest is to showcase your camera skills, not editing skills. Here are some guidelines used by National Geographic for what is allowed and not allowed in post-processing:
- Please submit photos that are un-manipulated. Photos should not be altered via Photoshop or other image altering programs.
- Please do not digitally enhance or alter photos. If you have digitally added or removed anything to the photo, please do not submit it.
- Dodging & Burning – Dodging (to brighten shadows) or burning (to darken highlights) is acceptable within reason. Your goal in using digital darkroom techniques should be to adjust the dynamic tonal range of an image so that it more closely resembles what you saw.
- Color Saturation – Color saturation is acceptable within reason. Please avoid significant over or under saturation.
- Solarization, mezzotint, duotone, etc. – These types of alteration ‘filters’ are highly discouraged. Please avoid using them.
- Black/White photos are acceptable
- Cropping is acceptable
- Stitched panoramas are NOT acceptable
- High dynamic range (HDR) photos are NOT acceptable
- All photos must be original work and available for public display. The AFTE 2019 host committee reserves the right to screen entries for content and post-processing.
- All rights to submissions are maintained by the owner; however, by submitting an entry, you give permission to the AFTE 2019 host committee to reproduce the images for display.
Email entries and/or questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org