Attention all potential AFTE 2019 attendees!
Two stipends to attend the 2019 AFTE training seminar very recently became available and are being offered by NIST. These are highly competitive and those applicants that are planning on contributing to the meeting (presentations, posters, etc.) will have a better chance at receiving one of these stipends.
Note: All travel arrangements to include hotel, flight, trains, or other modes of transportation are to be made by NIST. If the traveler makes their own airline reservations the incurred cost cannot be reimbursed. You cannot be eligible if you are required to make your own arrangements. ALSO, THESE STIPENDS ARE FOR DOMESTIC TRAVEL ONLY. Sorry, no international assistance can be offered.
Please complete the form below and email to Kathy Geil, firstname.lastname@example.org, by April 21, 2019.
DEADLINE for abstract submissions is 4/15/19
DEADLINE for poster submissions is 4/23/19
Attendee will be reimbursed for:
- Registration to the training seminar
- One workshop at the training seminar
- Hotel accommodations - provide name of hotel to the government contact and they will make the reservation.
- Hotel room internet charges
- Airline Ticket (must be booked by government travel agency)
- Luggage fees charged by airline
- Taxi/shuttle from airport to hotel and return
- Car mileage from home to airport and return
- Airport parking
- Daily per diem, rate according to location of the meeting
NOTE: The government has specific rules, such as; an invitational traveler must fill out a Vendor form (the term “vendor” has another meaning then what it is normally associated with) and this form will be provided when the contact information for the travelers are received. The travel reservations must be made by the government. This means flights, trains or other modes of transportation must be reserved by the government and will be selected at the best rate to the government with air flight being the most common form. If the traveler makes their own airline reservations the incurred cost cannot be reimbursed.
General Selection Criteria for Stipend:
- Applicant is presenting a poster or paper (must provide proof that abstract has been submitted to host committee)
- How often has the applicant attended an AFTE training seminar? Have they attended in the last 5 years?
- How many attendees have registered from the applicant’s agency?
- Is the applicant from an area of the country that is under represented at AFTE training seminars?
- Is the applicant from an agency that has been under represented at AFTE training seminars?
- Is the applicant an AFTE member in good standing?
- Is the applicant from a US agency?